Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Taylor Swift Defends Bebe Rexha Against Ageist Comments; "Drag Them" - Showbiz Cheat Sheet

Share it:





It will be 2019, but sexism and ageism are peaceable alive and successfully, specifically in the entertainment trade. Essentially the most up-to-date instance comes from Bebe Rexha. Rexha made headlines lately after she known as out a male song executive who told her that she changed into as soon as too outdated school to be posting appealing images of herself on Instagram. Fans of the songwriter had been completely outraged by the audacity of the executive and straight away defended Rexha. Among her defenders changed into as soon as another basic 29-365 days-outdated school songwriter, Taylor Swift.





Taylor Swift defends Bebe Rexha
Bebe Rexha performs onstage correct by Nickelodeon’s 2d Annual SlimeFest | Photo by Timothy Hiatt/Getty Pictures for Nickelodeon




Rexha calls out sexism and ageism on Instagram





The day outdated to this, Rexha took to her Instagram net page to post a sultry narrate of herself in a bra and panties. Within the narrate, she is gazing herself in what looks to be a toilet mediate and pouting her lips. The songwriter then aged the caption to birth into a story of the sexism and ageism she skilled. “I no longer too lengthy previously had a MALE song executive picture me that I changed into as soon as getting too outdated school and that my designate changed into as soon as “complicated.” Due to… I’m a songwriter and I post appealing pics on my Instagram and that’s no longer what female songwriters are presupposed to attain, specifically for my age. I’m 29,” the singer began.





Rexha is overjoyed along with her age





Rexha persevered on to particular her disdain for the manner girls are handled in the trade, specifically with regard to their looks. “I’m bored to loss of life with being attach in a box. I manufacture my occupy solutions. I’m bored with girls getting labeled as “hags” when they uncover outdated school and guys uncover labeled as appealing with age. Anyways, I’m turning 30 on August 30 and in addition you perceive what, I’m no longer running a long way from it. I’m no longer gonna lie about my age or direct songs that I have faith will sell better because they sound “youthful.” I’m gonna enjoy a terrific time my age because you perceive what, I’m wiser, I’m stronger and TRUST ME I’m a considerably better lover than I changed into as soon as 10 years previously,” the 29-365 days-outdated school said adamantly.











With out a doubt, followers straight away threw their make stronger in the attend of Rexha and her empowering message. So a long way, the post has already has garnered over 1.2 million likes and over 24,000 feedback. Diversified celebrities had been hasty to cosign Rexha additionally. “My appealing songwriting Queen Possibilities are you'll perchance perchance also be shapely, getting sexier with age and your talent SINGS for itself. Serve making those solutions,” singer, Rita Ora, commented on the post. But perchance the most simple celeb to overtly give an explanation for their make stronger has been none as adverse to Taylor Swift.





Taylor Swift shows Rexha her make stronger





“DRAG THEM. 29 YEAR OLDS UNITE,” the “Lover” singer commented enthusiastically, beneath Rexha’s post, signing off with copious amounts of coronary heart emojis. Right here is no longer the first time that Swift (whole additionally turns 30 later on this 365 days) has shut down the media for deigning to characteristic strangely stereotypical expectations on her thanks to her age and gender.











Earlier this 365 days, the singer shut down a reporter who requested the singer if she changed into as soon as planning to chill down and enjoy young people in the preparation of her 30th birthday on December 13th. “I in actuality don’t suppose that males would be requested this demand when they flip 30 So I’m no longer going to acknowledge to that now,” the 29-365 days-outdated school acknowledged expertly.





Age ain’t nothing but a number





Kudos to each and every of these talented musicians for standing up against ageist and sexist remarks. It’s a disgrace that there are some those that consider that 29 is too outdated school for a girl to direct their occupy praises her body. Sexiness and self assurance don’t equate to any particular age and girls wants to be free to particular each and every at any stage of their life. We want Rexha a actually overjoyed early, golden birthday and hope she continues pissing off monotonous song professionals by posting any appealing images she wants.





View Source
Share it:

Post A Comment: