Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Jessica Hart talks being sober for over 12 months after attending AA meetings

Share it:

'I wanted to be in my right mind at all times': Jessica Hart reveals she has been sober for over 12 months after attending AA meetings and is moving to LA with her 'super supportive' boyfriend James Kirkham

She revealed last month that she's sober, having given up drinking and attending daily AA meetings. 

And on Tuesday, Australian model Jessica Hart, 33, spoke candidly about her journey to sobriety, having been sober now for over a year.

Appearing on The Morning Show, the former Victoria's Secret model said: 'I wanted to be in my right mind at all times.'

'I wanted to be in my right mind at all times': Jessica Hart talked being sober for over 12 months after attending AA meetings... and revealed she's moving to LA to be with her 'super supportive' boyfriend James Kirkham

'I wanted to be in my right mind at all times': Jessica Hart talked being sober for over 12 months after attending AA meetings... and revealed she's moving to LA to be with her 'super supportive' boyfriend James Kirkham

She also added how her boyfriend, NASCAR driver James Kirkham, has been 'super supportive' throughout her journey and that she's moving from New York to Los Angeles to be with him.   

'It's the best thing I've ever done,' Jessica said on the Seven show, about her decision to be sober. 

'I think that I just got really sober curious. I lived life how I lived life and I loved that. I wouldn't say I was going down a dark path,' she said. 

Overhauling her life: 'It's the best thing I've ever done,' Jessica said on the Seven show

Overhauling her life: 'It's the best thing I've ever done,' Jessica said on the Seven show

'I just had experienced that and I got curious to experience life in a different way and wanted to be in my right mind at all times. Our minds are just fragile, beautiful parts of our life and I wanted to use it to the best of our ability.'  

Speaking about James, she added that he's 'super supportive.' 

'He's super supportive. He lives in LA and I'm moving to LA. He's not sober, which is completely fine and probably a good thing. But super supportive and it makes it great.'

Jessica revealed last month that she was sober, after living life in the fast lane. 

Sweet: Speaking about James (R), she added that he's 'super supportive'

Sweet: Speaking about James (R), she added that he's 'super supportive'

Honest: Jessica revealed last month that she was sober, after living life in the fast lane. She wrote a first-person account of her decision to quit drinking for Harper's Bazaar Australia

Honest: Jessica revealed last month that she was sober, after living life in the fast lane. She wrote a first-person account of her decision to quit drinking for Harper's Bazaar Australia

She wrote a first-person account of her decision to quit drinking for Harper's Bazaar Australia

Describing herself as a 'rebellious' child, she revealed how she started drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and skipping school aged 13. 

She began modelling aged 15, before making the decision to leave school and relocate from Melbourne to New York City to further her career.  

Jessica explained that while she wasn't drinking everyday, she found that she 'didn't stop' once she'd had that first drink.

'A few drinks didn't interest me. I was go hard or go home. And home was never the answer,' she wrote. 

Jessica revealed that it wasn't until her early thirties that she decided to turn her life around because she was 'start[ing] to feel this is getting old'.

She had an epiphany one morning when she woke up and thought 'this is it' and decided to instead turn her 'body into a temple'.

During her first few months of sobriety, she made small changes and even began attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings.

'I joined AA and did 30 meetings in 30 days,' she said, referring to the traditional advice given to AA newcomers that they attend meetings daily. 

Struggles: Jessica explained that while she wasn't drinking everyday, she found that she 'didn't stop' once she'd had that first drink

Struggles: Jessica explained that while she wasn't drinking everyday, she found that she 'didn't stop' once she'd had that first drink

 




















































Daily Mail UK
Share it:

Post A Comment: