Search This Blog

Popular Posts

AGT judge Nicole Scherzinger reignites her longtime feud with pop singer Cheryl Cole

Share it:

They have been locked in a war of words for over a decade now.   

And it seems that the feud between Nicole Scherzinger and former Girls Aloud star Cheryl is far from over. 

The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman has thrown some serious shade at the UK pop singer and former reality TV judge, when she asked about the origin of their legendary rift in an interview, this week.  

Standing tall: Over the years, Nicole and Cheryl's feud has been well documented
Ruffled feathers: In her 2012 biography, Cheryl: My Story, she described their first meeting as 'really embarrassing'

Far from over! They have been locked in a war of words for over a decade now. And it seems that the feud between Nicole Scherzinger and former Girls Aloud star Cheryl is far from over

'I think in some of [Cheryl's] interviews maybe she didn’t speak in the best light about me, but then again that’s a reflection on her, not me,' Nicole, 41, told WHO magazine. 

'So, I kind of don’t like to waste my energy on that. I don’t really know Cheryl, so I can’t comment,' she added.  

But as many fans know that's not really the case at all. 

'That’s a reflection on her, not me': The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman has thrown some serious shade at UK pop singer and former reality TV judge, when she asked about the origin of their legendary rift in an interview this week

'That’s a reflection on her, not me': The Pussycat Dolls frontwoman has thrown some serious shade at UK pop singer and former reality TV judge, when she asked about the origin of their legendary rift in an interview this week

'You never get a chance to hear anyone else sing': Over the years, Nicole and Cheryl's feud has been well documented. In 2006, Cheryl gave a damning verdict on Nicole's vocal ability during a Girls Aloud interview

'You never get a chance to hear anyone else sing': Over the years, Nicole and Cheryl's feud has been well documented. In 2006, Cheryl gave a damning verdict on Nicole's vocal ability during a Girls Aloud interview

Over the years, Nicole and Cheryl's feud has been well documented. 

In 2006, Cheryl gave a damning verdict on Nicole's vocal ability during a Girls Aloud interview.

'You never get the chance to hear anybody else [sing in the Pussycat Dolls], so you just assume she is [the best singer],' Cheryl, now 36, told MTV.  

When asked whether she though Nicole had what it takes to go solo, she responded, 'I don't know if she could.

'You're up against so many fantastic solo artists out there. You've got the likes of Beyonce, Christina, Britney when she's at her best...'

Ouch: In 2017, Nicole really hit Cheryl below her sequined belt when she was snapped partying with her ex-husband, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, just months after the couple's divorce

Ouch: In 2017, Nicole really hit Cheryl below her sequined belt when she was snapped partying with her ex-husband, Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, just months after the couple's divorce

'I don't necessarily like [her song Come To Me] with P-Diddy, and I don't think she stands out as amazing, at all!'

They were fighting words Cheryl, who is the mother to son Bear with One Direction singer Liam Payne, would turn out to regret. 

In 2011, Nicole stepped in and replaced the heavily-inked pop star on The X Factor USA after Cheryl was sensationally dumped from the show. 

At the time, TMZ claimed Cheryl was dropped from the show because producers were concerned US audiences wouldn't be able to understand her thick Northern English accent.

After The X Factor kerfuffle, Cheryl cranked the drama up a notch. 

In her 2012 biography, Cheryl: My Story, she described their first meeting as 'really embarrassing'.

'I swear to God, the woman sang [my song Promise This], to my face. It was just so awkward,' wrote Cheryl.

It didn't take long for Nicole – who is currently starring on AGT and will next be seen on The Masked Singer US and Celebrity X Factor UK – to hit back.    

'No, no. The story is I met her once at The X Factor and I wanted to make her feel good. I said I’d heard her song on the radio and I think I sang the words “promise this”. But I really don’t know the lyrics after that,' Nicole snapped back. 

'... And then it’s made out to be something else and I don’t understand why anybody would do that?'

In July, 2017, Nicole really hit Cheryl below her sequined belt when she was snapped partying In London with her ex-husband, businessman Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini, just months after the couple's divorce.  

If looks could kill: Cheryl didn't exactly look pleased at the Fox Upfronts in 2011 when she was forced to pose with her X Factor co-star

If looks could kill: Cheryl didn't exactly look pleased at the Fox Upfronts in 2011 when she was forced to pose with her X Factor co-star 

 

 

 

 

 


Daily Mail UK
Share it:

Post A Comment: